HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Don Vecta

PostSubject: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:37 am

Yeah, forget about the old mod, this is the definite v5.1 compatible version.

I try to update most of my mods with the v5.1 features. H.U.N.T.E.R. being the first one, then I updated some scenes in Rushing Beat Remake with breakables similar to the original game (like the windows from the cafe in stage 1 or the lockers in the stadium locker room), but I remember Din suggested me to add the hidden warp zones from the original game.

well, I went a bit beyond a simple "warp", why not extra paths instead? Razz

Yeah, I know that kinda parts way from being a "pure" homage mod (like Cm_Blast's) but then again, the Grandmaster Challenge parted ways from there anyways. Razz

Anyways, the stage 1 "warp" takes you to another area completely new, same with the first shanti house in stage 4-2. I don't plan to add other ending... unless you guys want me to add the really whack ending from Rival Turf! (I'LL RECRUIT MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, I'M GONNA....) ewww...

So, I'm open to suggestions. Razz

In the meanwhile, here's a video of the WIP 2.0 and some shots.

I'm also using the RBR select character music, petition of Din.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:01 am

After reading the line about adapting the warps...
Vecta you ain't the pure original translation type anyway.
You're the artist who needs to adapt things to his vision - it's what you do best.

We all have our different styles and flavours.
Following CM Blast's style, or even the hybrid methods I use, will only hold you back, because that's not your style.
Do what you need to grow the mod to a masterpiece in your vision.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 am

^ Cosign, this mod was already a beautiful tribute to boot but I think the best part of these mods is expanding and giving extra oomph that wasn't possible in the source material. Also I say add the other ending for shits and giggles. Also not sure if you replied to my reply on youtube (gotta check again lol) but I think using the select theme from RB2 and 3 would make this mod complete! Very Happy

-edit- okay you did reply and it seems you'll be using it? SWEET!
Back to top Go down
http://brawlersavenue.net
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:18 am

Well, I'm definitely going a bit ahead with the immersion of the original Rushing Beat game... and decided to fiddle with something.

(The last one a new area: A boxing gym)

So, what do you think? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:43 am

Custom fonts. \ ^.^ /
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:42 pm

please never stop adding gorgeous stuff! or stop adding gorgeous stuff and gimme this mod IMMEDIATELY!
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:49 pm

DintheAbary wrote:
please never stop adding gorgeous stuff! or stop adding gorgeous stuff and gimme this mod IMMEDIATELY!

And give you a half-assed mod that still need tweaking in difficulty and without another awesome hidden route? No friggin' way! You wait! It's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:39 am

That's the spirit, TWO WEEEEEEEKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:52 am

Here's a balance demo and a teaser of the new alternate route, featuring two new kickboxer bosses: Hack & Slash (cookie for the ones who get the reference and the palettes). Razz

I'm considerably toning down the difficulty now that I'm doing my tests with Axel-1 all the time instead of Max, and also, considering how pumped up is the AI in v5.1.

Enjoy the new construction site and the boxing gym with its breakables. Razz
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Okay, requesting poll:

I've been playing the OG Rushing Beat again after several years and well, game ain't easy (mainly cuz enemies can be incredibly aggressive, yeah, talking about you, fucking Skinny/Slick or you Goro/Kato), the odd hitboxes it has (game ain't super polished), and relies too much in the Ikari Mode comeback gimmick. SORR is somehow paired with its difficulty (mainly in Mania).

So, anyways, the biggest comeback gimmick SORR has is Murphy's. Also, in Rushing Beat Shura, the players have both Ikari attacks, Ikari mode AND a DM (Pretty much like Rudra, Ash and Elle), so, question, you think I should make Murphy available in the open sky areas or in streets for the mod? Yes? No? Why?

Thank you for your input.
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:47 am

Waiting for your input, guys

In the meanwhile... I'm leaving this here and moonwalk myself outta here like poetry in motion. Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Input is up on SoRR Forums. =P

Always welcome a perspective section in a scene. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 pm

I still go with no police car, to extend upon my input, I think Ikari mode is just a bit of a boost. It's not something as drastic as clearing the screen, i also think the cop call would clash with the atmosphere of the mod.
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:54 am

Yeah, somehow I was iffy to add it since wasn't exactly a native attack from the OG game... was rather an afterthought from playing the game in the hardest difficulty.

But certainly, IF I make a Rushing Beat Shura tribute, I might use it. *might*

BTW, no comment on the warp area?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:45 am

I commented on it for it being a scene with perspective, which is rare and difficult to achieve effectively in a scrolling scene. It's good to spend more time there with some mooks instead of just passing through.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:03 am

I actually missed the post -.-
Don Vecta wrote:
Waiting for your input, guys

In the meanwhile... I'm leaving this here and moonwalk myself outta here like poetry in motion. Razz

I'm glad this was added, I was a little worried maybe you might've skipped this scene with new paths given it may not fit too well with the newer scenes (understandably so). will the music be intact?
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Certainly, the warp passageway design fits good enough with the Joecal's labs so yeah, the whole alternate route involves this intersections, a new elevator (borrowed from Ran) and a palette swap of the same area, this time leading right to Kintark's helipad.

Maybe the only scene won't use is the Mode 7 galaxy place, no way can be applied on SORmaker (plus, make no sense whatsoever).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:31 pm

There's always some way to get it to work within the limitations. If you don't want Maker's rapid back-forth rotate there's the water effect. Hell it could be really trippy if done well.
Bonus stage never needs to make sense if its enough of a bonus and unlikely enough to find in a typical playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:54 pm

^ this, maybe it could be used as a means of a quick survival round or just something to break the flow a little and entice the player. I'm certain you'll come up with something good if you decide to include it.
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 am

The X-mas holidays and the load of work I've got in the last week didn't allow me to work too much in them mods... so until now I was able to have something done...

like...

Custom items for Rushing Beat. Including name tag and picture when picked up. Yeah, so no more "apple" cosplaying as "curry" anymore. They are marked as the real deal and with the proper font of the game.

Unfortunately, couldn't find the fpg containing the weapon's nametags, so those still have the SORR font instead. :-/

But still, "small" update (trust me, it took longer than I thought edit the images and the names, a real chore), but getting closer to the final beta. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Good to see more utilization of our discoveries regarding replacing the font and other things. Everything is coming together nicely
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:42 am

Thanks.

Okay, seems the core game itself is done. Working now in re-balancing and making the Grandmaster Challenge fair and fun.

The Grandmaster Challenge won't be just another insane, almost unplayable route for experts anymore (Very Hard and Mania can access it only)... well, it WILL still have a huge challenge for experts, but paired up with the v5.1 AI, it will be definitely more balanced.

So, some of the tweaks I'm doing are:

• Reducing some exaggerated lifebars I had in some enemies, especially in Mania only enemies.
  • Mania only enemies will either grant a food drop or will have a HUGE score point on K.O., we have to reward the challenge somehow and keep the player going.
  • The bosses location will also be relocated. No more Ice Man/Captain/Kintark with x8 bars in the final area.
  • Now there's an anti-cheating method for non-Very Hard/Mania players (accessing it though SORmaker), all enemies are set on Very Hard or above and Mania only¬†and an Easy Only/Normal Only/Hard Only bosses with no energy, therefore, no way to play it in lesser difficulties.

I'm still WIPing this shit, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow the close beta will be ready. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Don Vecta

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 am

*requesting lock or deletion, plz*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0   

Back to top Go down

WIP Rushing Beat Remake v2.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1